Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The arc of justice is long, but it's wide. MLK Jr.

People, I never thought I'd see the day when I would type or utter the following words.


Gregg is leaving Design Associates.


Yes, Gregg, who was mentioned as being a nuisance and unsupportive to work with when the management consultant visited our office last year. Gregg, the do-nothing manager who is the reason Guy left DA almost six years ago. Gregg's last day will be sometime in early June, or so it has been said by two separate people in our office, and then confirmed by Norman, an associate at DA.  


No word on why.  No word on where he's going.  (The scuttlebutt is that he's going to be a sole practitioner, which makes sense given that I doubt any firm would have him or keep him for more than a few months after they realize how unhelpful he tends to be.)  But after several people complained about him in the management survey, an admin person refused to work with him, and another quit rather than work with him, I think it became clear that it was time for him to go.  He could leave easy, or he could leave hard.  Looks like he chose easy.  No surprise there.


More scuttlebutt and updates to come.  I'm trying to get a deadline handled for next week, and I'm worn slap out.

2 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, or for Ashton Kutcher to pop out from behind a filing cabinet. Are you sure this is for real?

For almost as long as you've worked there, this dude has been a pain...but only now is he finally leaving. Guess I'll believe it when the door hits him in the ass.

Lilylou said...

Sometimes things just work out, don't they, Pixie? (MsK)