Saturday, August 21, 2010

Architect is watching a paradigm shift, please stand by....

I know I haven't been posting worth crap lately, y'all. Part of it is my general life/mindset lately, where all I want is to chill out and be still and not do anything more than is absolutely necessary. But part of it is also that I've witnessed (and been a part of) some really interesting changes at Design Associates lately, I'm waiting to see how a couple of those things play out early next week before I post on them in earnest.

The short version is this: remember the presentation I did back in June to a group of architects from around the country? Well, I did it for the partners and managers at DA, and they loved it and want to focus on ways to make DA better for the interns (and even people at my level). Simultaneously, though, Prudence, the head of our interiors department, may be about to have a mutiny on her hands--years of cranky managing and a lack of a mentorship mindset on her part may be about to do her in, or at the very least have a walkout on her hands.

I'll post more this/next week as things unfold.

2 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Prudence needs an ass-whipping. But that's just me. :-P

Wilderness Gina said...

Ya no...if you burn yur bra,get a headband, flowers, and a roach clip hair decoration, a few signs with catchy slogans you can move mountains.... and if that fails there's always Miss Kitty's suggestion....

I COULD do what I think Howie needs. Walk up to him/her and take him/her aside, arm over sholder "Sweety. Do you have a shrink? No? Well," pat pat on the chest "GET ONE. There's no future in being a putz. Be a mench for a change, eh?"

("ruper" seriously?)