Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back to the yawn

My sister's plane left about an hour ago, bound for Milwaukee and then Atlanta, heralding the end of her Spring Break with me out here in the Mile High Cit-tay. It's always good to see here, even if she's worn out from working or cranky from the gooberishness of her school's leadership. We had a great time shopping, eating, goofing around, watching the Weather Channel, farting on each other, and even visiting a local no-kill cat shelter to pet some needy kittehs and begin to entertain the idea of getting Hazel a new, younger buddy to whoop up on. (This is a ways off though, y'all--just thinking is all I'm doing.) We also came up with a list of completely innocent phrases that can be made gross or at least sound like horrible acts of obscenity which belong on Urban Dictionary, such as "chocolate mermaid" and "toaster strudel".

I was fortunate that I was able to do a great deal of major spring cleaning before she got here, but there's still more to do. Plus, duty calls: the remodeling projects at Gestalt are starting to really cook, and I only have a few more weeks until I have to turn in the final version of a presentation I'm doing at an industry conference later this year. The next couple of weeks are going to be pretty busy, followed by a couple of fairly busy months. I guess I shouldn't complain--busy beats the alternative.

Meanwhile, happy birfday to my Mommy! YAY!!!

4 comments:

OHN said...

The fact that you were able to walk out of the shelter, without an addition to your family, tells me you are one strong chica :)

Anonymous said...

and the kittahs said thankx for the pats!
(ARAS)

Miss Kitty said...

Oh, but we nearly DID--okay, *I* nearly did--walk out with a kitteh or two! >^..^< ARAS, I'm posting pix in the next couple of days.

Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing the pics, Miss Kitty.