Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy birthday Dad!

If my dad were still alive, he'd be 63 today. I rather think he'd be proud and glad of the way that my life has turned out. I think he'd rather like Guy as well; they'd have likely gotten along quite nicely. Usually on Dad's birthday, I like to celebrate a little with a nice dinner and a glass (or two) of wine and watch some comedy. This year, however, the celebration will have to wait til later in the week: I have a DD deadline on TCMC on Tuesday and the handover DD deadline on FCH on Wednesday. Intern Timmy and I spent Sunday in the office working on TCMC, and Intern Kimmy has been spending lots of late nights and lunches getting FCH in shape to pass off to Contigo Architects so that they can finish the DDs and CDs on the project. And after those two deadlines, my sister is coming into town for her Fall Break. I'm really looking forward to seeing her, but I have hardly had a chance to a) get excited and b) clean up the Happy Kitten Highrise in anticipation of her arrival.

So, I have a few more days before I can clean up and rest. The good news about all this overtime I'm about to have to pull is that I can take some time off right afterwards. Kitty's visit is timed just right for me to take a day (or more) off. So, please be patient, my peeps--I'm not gonna be able to post much this week while I slog through these deadlines, but all will be well again in a few days.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. I think he'd be really proud of you and Kitty.

Wilderness Gina said...

Course he'd be proud. He was always like a peacock with you guys around. "My kids can read at 3 years old. Can yours even go pee by themselves?" (this to his perfect sister, hurhur)
This will crack you up. Sister Mary Diane called Sunday night to make sure I knew your dad's b'day was Monday. Yur Grandmother asked the retorical question at b'fast on Saturday. All present rolled their eyes. BUT SisterMD called for Mom to make sure (Mom at this point is deaf as a post) Mom. I was married to the man for amlost 10 years. Yeah. I remember.