Friday, February 13, 2009

Back and home

We got back from our presentation/interview for the cancer center less than an hour ago, and I immediately went home. Not only am I way over my 36-hour weekly allotment, but I seem to have come down with some kind of creeping death throat funk over night. I was feeling a little run down last night and my throat was a little scratchy, but this morning it felt like I'd been sideswiped by a moving van and a small octopus was clamped on my tonsily area/throat. And my ears feel kinda tight. And I'm sore. Wah.

The presentation went okay. Not as good as the last one I did, but not bad. Howie had been out of town most of the week, so he hadn't had a chance to look at the slides about which he was to talk, but he still did okay. Bosley as usual was flawless. The interior designer we'd brought with us was a very experienced gal, but she was presenting a part of the spiel with which she was quite unfamiliar and sounded like she was reading a speech. (What is it with interior designers sounding like they're reading a speech in a presentation? Why are we not just letting them talk about the cool stuff they do and let them be natural? This happened on the last presentation too.) I did pretty well, I think, but my throat was getting really dry by the end, as it was already feeling compromised.

We had a stiffer room than last time. One guy in the room has a real ax to grind with Bosely on some work we did with his facility a few years ago, but another guy in the room has visited Wheatlands and evidently is impressed by it. We were only one of three firms to be considered for the job, so we'll see. Meanwhile, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Lilylou said...

Hey, good luck with it, Pixie. And I hope it doesn't turn into the creeping crud---take care.