Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Operation Grow Something, Part 2

I walked this evening to a nearby hardware store and picked up some more potting soil, a decorative planter, some cutesy little flowers, and a broom. I should use this moment to address a few of the comments from yesterday. First, Bax, I do indeed own a broom, but I didn't want to use it on my nasty-as-hell balcony and then bring it back in to sweep my nice parquet floors. Witch license firmly ensconced in wallet. :-) Second, I nearly did buy an asparagus fern at the hardware store, Kitteh, but it looks like too much work. I still didn't buy enough soil to plant my lettuce and asparagus seeds, and I also didn't get any planters for them. I was walking and only wanted to buy what I could semi-easily carry. Now, I'm watching "Deadliest Catch" and watering and potting my wooly thyme and the new cutesy flowers during commercial breaks. Further updates as details warrant.

Nice to have something else to think about and do instead of be cranky about how slow, tedious, and Dance of the Bullshit work has become lately. I'm trying to post about interesting or upbeat things instead of constantly complaining. Sometimes, architecture is just slow and you get stuck doing cruddy stuff for people who aren't clear or will help you and then hose you, and sometimes you spend hours and hours in meetings and feel totally unproductive. Today was one of those days. So, better to plant and watch crab fisherman than to be cranky.

1 comment:

Enginerd said...

Brooms are supposed to be dirty.

silly. That's why youhave a swiffer for the inside and a broom for outside.

le sigh.