Friday, May 23, 2008

Why live out here if you're not gonna go look at it now and again?

Guy and I are going camping for the holiday weekend, and why not? We've got a campsite in southwestern Utah and a nine-hour drive in which to decide where we're going to go camping. Weather should be a little coolish but decent overall. You just have to pack and wear layers to prepare for any kind of weather. I don't mind the long drive, partially because we rarely drive our little SUV (in which we sleep and camp), so it's not like we're having to fill that thing with gas every week. We only put about 2,000 miles on it a year, tops. I alos enjoy the drive and the ensuing hikes because Guy and I spend a lot of time talking, like actually saying interesting and meaningful stuff. Sometimes we end up disagreeing on stuff or even raising our voices (usually that's me), but it's the kind of conversation you don't usually have hanging out at the house watching ESPN. Anyway, we're looking forward to a nice three-day weekend, and I wish the same for the small and hardy group that admits under duress that they are WAD readers. Rokk on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your camping trip. I will be writing some new software for my facility management package and cutting the grass.

Enginerd said...

girl - you go camping in SW Utah and you don't call me? You've got my digits - next time, me and the B-dawg will be in the tent next door!

then again - get away with Guy. hmmm... third (and fourth) wheel? probably

seriously - next time, let me know if you want company - I'm trying to have all sorts of fun! When you come to Vegas next, we'll go kayaking down the colorado through black canyon (south of the Dam)

:)

Lilylou said...

Utah is so gorgeous! Where did you go? I've camped all over Utah but especially liked Canyonlands, Arches, and the canyons of the Green and Colorado Rivers, where I've done some canoeing and rafting. Hope you had a wonderful time!

Mile High Pixie said...

Faded: Hope you got a chance to do something relaxing with your peeps other than software tomfoolery.

Bax: Dude, we didn't even realize we were two hours from Vegas until we got to St. George and looked at a map. Then I realized I didn't have my planner with your cell phone number. I suck. But next time we're out there, you're on speed dial, g.

Rev Kit: WE've done Arches and Canyonlands, so this time it was Zion and Bryce Canyon. good stuff indeed!

xtine said...

You know



I totally thought of you as we (bf and I) came upon Denver on Friday.

It was *so* awesome to see snow in may!